A ductless mini-split may sound strange and complicated, but it simply refers to an air conditioner and/or heater with multiple potential uses in your home or office. These units are perfect for multi-family homes and as retrofitted cooling and/or heating systems for homes with no ductwork. If you are looking for a convenient alternative to a conventional HVAC system, consult with an experienced Coral Springs heating and cooling specialist today.
The Advantages of the Ductless Mini-Split
There are multiple advantages to a ductless mini-split:
- They are small in size but extremely flexible in their ability to individually heat and cool multiple zones in a home or office.
- Many units can support up to four individual zones (this number is affected by the amount of heating or cooling required and by how well the home or office is insulated).
- The temperature in each zone can be controlled by its own thermostat, allowing users to heat or cool the areas to their specification and only when they are in use.
- Ductless mini-splits are generally easier to install than are other kinds of space conditioning systems (and require less invasive installation procedures).
- Because they don’t use ducts, these units avoid the energy loss associated with forced central air systems. Such losses can be up to 30 percent of the total energy expenditure.
- As compared to other add-on units, mini-splits offer more interior design flexibility.
If You’re Interested in Installing a Ductless Mini-Split, an Experienced Coral Springs Heating and Cooling Specialist Can Help
A ductless mini-split is often a great option for older homes, homes without ductwork, and for homes that are divided into multiple units. The dedicated heating and cooling specialists at Erica's Plumbing, Air Conditioning and Restoration in Coral Springs, Florida, have the expertise and knowledge to help you find the mini-split that best serves your needs. For more information, please contact or call us at 561-475-1251 today.