The heating and cooling system, popularly known as HVAC, is designed to provide you with indoor comfort throughout the year. With people around the globe experiencing extreme heat or cold, it is all the more necessary to keep your HVAC system in excellent working condition.
Regular HVAC maintenance can help increase the efficiency of your system, while also preventing unexpected furnace and AC repairs. The increased efficiency often translates into lower energy bills and faster cooling or heating, providing you and your wallet with more comfort. You also don’t have to go on last-minutehunt for ‘air conditioning repair near me’ on your phone or laptop.
However, to keep your HVAC system in excellent working condition, you will need to call professionals for the annual tune-up. Experienced and skilled technicians will ensure that all parts of your HVAC system get checked, serviced, and repaired correctly.
Here is what will happen during a professional tune-up of your heating system and air conditioning in Boca Raton, FL.
Complete System Inspection
The first step involved in any professional HVAC tune-up is the complete and thorough inspection of your entire heating and cooling system. It usually begins with a visual inspection. The technicians will look for potential wear and tear in your furnace, the AC unit, and the ductwork.
For example, when inspecting your AC unit, the technicians will check if your refrigerant levels are adequate, make sure the condenser coils are clean, check the drain pan, and look for any leaks. If it is your heating system, they will check the furnace and heat exchangers for any potential wear and tear. They will also check the furnace filter to see if it needs replacement or cleaning.
Although most HVAC systems can last long, mechanical wear and tear often occur due to heavy use. Even a seemingly simple leakage can bring your entire system down. That’s why visual inspection is a critical step in tuning up your heating system and air conditioning in Boca Raton, FL.
Tuningup Your Air Conditioning in Boca Raton, FL
During the visual inspection of your entire system, the technicians will note down the issues that need to be addressed. Once this is done, they will start tuningup your system. You can choose to tuneup both your heating system and air conditioning in Boca Raton, FL at the same time or service your AC before the summer season begins and your furnace before the winter starts.
When tuning up your AC, the technicians will do the following:
- Inspect the insulation of your refrigerant line, and check the refrigerant level
- Check the indoor unit coil for any dirt and debris because it can reduce the efficiency of your system
- Check the airflow of your outdoor AC unit coil
- They will also check and lubricate the moving parts in your system
- Checking all electrical components of your system is also necessary as your AC can’t work if any of them fail
- Even if your AC is in excellent condition, it won’t be of much use if your thermostat calibrations aren’t right. That’s why technicians also make sure to check and calibrate your thermostat.
- They will also inspect the fans to ensure the blades are not off-balance. Off-balance fan blades vibrate forcefully, which can cause your AC unit components to break. Your blower components will also be cleaned and aligned for the same reasons.
Apart from these critical steps, a lot of technical work also goes into tuning up your air conditioning. With complete annual maintenance, you don’t have to worry about last-minute AC repairs that are often much costlier.
Tuningup Your Heating System
The technicians will also tune-up your heating system, either right after checking your air conditioning or just before the winter starts. This tune-up will usually include the following, among other things:
Lubricate the motor bearings and other moving parts in your furnace to prevent the risk of a breakdown
- Check and replace or clean your furnace filters to increase the efficiency of your heating system
- Check the voltage, current, and all electrical components to ensure the smooth functioning of the system
- Examine your oil and/or gas connections as any leaks could endanger the safety of your family
- Test and calibrate the thermostat and system controls of your furnace to provide you with optimized heating
- Check the heat exchanger for potential leaks and cracks as these could lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. They will also check carbon monoxide levels.
- Tighten any joints or connections that may have loosened over time
There are further steps that your contractor will take depending on the size, type, and condition of your system to ensure maximum efficiency and safety. Remember, just like your air conditioning in Boca Raton, FL, your heating system also needs an annual tune-up.
Recommending Repairs or Replacements
At the time of tuning up your heating system and air conditioning in Boca Raton, FL, the technicians may come across components that need extensive repair or replacement. As the tune-up usually involves minor tweaks and services, your contractor will provide you with a detailed quote and recommendations for any key furnace and AC repairs or replacements. You should complete the suggested repairs as soon as possible.
As you may already know, keeping your heating and cooling system in excellent working condition provides you with higher energy efficiency, lower power consumption, increased lifespan of your system, and reduce unexpected downtime and repair. Hopefully, knowing what a comprehensive annual tune-up includes will encourage you to ensure regular proactive maintenance hereafter.
Get the Best Tune-Ups for Your Heating System and Air Conditioning in Boca Raton, FL
Whether you are looking for annual maintenance of your heating and cooling system or emergency repairs and replacements, Erica’s Plumbing, Air Conditioning, and Restoration can provide you with prompt and professional service. Call us at (561) 245-7435 or schedule a service call via our website.