When a pipe bursts in your home, things can get messy quickly. It is important not to panic and to remember that the sooner you call for professional help, the sooner the situation can be repaired. If you have a burst pipe in the Coral Springs area, call the experienced team at Erica’s Plumbing immediately.
Causes of Burst Pipes
There are different reasons why pipes may burst and start leaking, and the following are two common causes:
- Pipe collapse - If the pipe is subject to environmental changes, such as shifting dirt, new weight on the pipe can cause it to collapse and break open. Often, this occurs due to construction projects in the area that may change the soil around water or sewer lines.
- Pipe corrosion - Older homes might have steel pipes that can corrode over time. Corrosion can cause the pipes to become brittle, making it easier for holes to form or for the pipe to break apart. It is always best to have steel pipes replaced before corrosion causes one to burst.
When to Call for Help
Having the right help in a timely manner can reduce a possible major emergency to a minor inconvenience. By having the matter addressed quickly, you can often save money on repairs, replacements, and clean-up. Some of the possible sign you have a leaking or burst pipe in your home include:
- Finding watermarks and stains on the ceiling, walls, or floors
- There are pools of water in your basement, yard, or under the sink
- There is a musty or moldy odor
- Your water bill increases dramatically
Contact Our Expert Plumbing Team in Coral Springs for Help With Your Burst Pipe
The team at Erica’s Plumbing is available 24/7 for emergency plumbing assistance. We can diagnose the problem and repair burst pipes as efficiently as possible. Call (561) 245-7435 or request service online today.